PW Power Systems, Inc.(hereinafter “PWPS”) recognizes that all personal information managed and used in its business activities must be handled and protected with, the utmost care. Therefore, PWPS will follow the basic policy stated below.
- PWPS will not acquire any personal information through false or other improper means.
- PWPS will use personal information only to the extent and for the purposes specified, which will be announced or noticed to the persons to whom the information pertains.
- PWPS will endeavor to keep such personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- PWPS will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of such personal information.
- PWPS will furnish its employees and contractors handling such personal information with the necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision.
- PWPS will not provide personal information to any third party without the consent of the person involved.
- If PWPS receives an inquiry from a person about the use or content of personal information related to that person, it will provide a reasonable response.
- If PWPS receives any complaints regarding the handling of personal information, it will resolve such complaints in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- PWPS will establish rules and management systems for proper handling and protection of personal information and will thoroughly adhere to them.
- PWPS will engage in a strong effort to further enhance personal information protection systems by regularly reviewing and updating all rules and procedures regarding the handling of personal information, including this policy.
- PWPS will comply with all applicable United States laws and regulations regarding the handling of personal information.
Use of Personal Information
PWPS will acquire and use personal information only as needed for its business performance according to its business purposes (See Object section). The business purposes of personal information are:
- To make applications for transactions between PWPS and its customers and other parties concerned with its businesses; obtain confirmation regarding customers and other parties concerned; review and assess such transactions; execute and manage agreements; and conduct termination and other proceedings following termination of agreements with customers and contractors.
- To issue notices regarding improvement of PWPS products and services and of associated products and services, and respond to customer inquiries regarding such products and services.
- To respond to inquiries about the products and services provided by parties having business relations with PWPS.
- To confirm applications for and participation in various exhibitions and seminars, communicate with lecturers, and report on the results of studies and events to the persons involved, and also to provide visitors with access to PWPS’s facilities.
- To make contact with the members of any organizations in which PWPS is a member, and issue various notices from PWPS according to the purposes of activity of such organizations.
- To communicate with journalists and analysts in publicity activities.
- To receive applications for employment, communicate with an issue the notification of employment to the applicants, and other issues concerning recruitment activities.
- To communicate and conduct transactions with public accountants, attorneys and patent attorneys concerned with the business activities of PWPS.
- To communicate with the officers, directors, employees or any related persons in the subsidiaries and affiliates of PWPS in the course of performance of business activities other than those as stated above.
- To receive personal information provided for any order-based works and to complete such works within PWPS’s scope of business.
- To issue useful notices incidental to the above purposes of use from PWPS.
PWPS may provide personal information to a third party with the approval of each respective individual, consign the handling of personal information, or share personal information to the extent that such personal information is required for the business purposes as stated above.
If any personal information is acquired or used for any other business purposes than those described above, a notice or announcement will be issued separately.
Possession of Personal Information
PWPS possesses and will possess personal information including names, addresses, telephone numbers, FAX numbers, e-mail addresses, departments and titles of its customers, suppliers and other related companies.
PWPS does not acquire and possess any personal information that is not required for business purposes.
Personal Information Management
PWPS will take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the security of the personal information possessed by it and endeavor to maintain the contents of such personal information as accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary for business purposes.
Personal information which is no longer necessary for business purposes will be disposed of promptly in an appropriate method.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
PWPS will not provide the personal information of any person to any third party without such person’s approval, except the following cases:
- the provision of the personal information will be suspended upon the individual’s request and the matters stipulated for this provision in the Personal Information Protection Act are noticed or easily known to such person;
- the work of handling personal information is entrusted, in whole or in part, to any third party to the extent necessary for PWPS’s business purposes.
*provided that such disclosure, the nature of the disclosed personal information, the purposes of such disclosure, the name of the responsible party for the management of such personal information shall be noticed or easily known to the person whose personal information has been disclosed; and
- that PWPS will disclose the personal information of any specific person to the extent necessary for business purposes.
*provided, that a confidentiality agreement shall be entered into by and between PWPS and such entrusted company and that PWPS will provide necessary and appropriate supervision of such entrusted company;
- such disclosure of personal information to any third party is otherwise authorized under any applicable law or regulation.
Contact for Personal Information
For information regarding the specific business purposes, the disclosure, correction and suspension of use of the contents of personal information (hereinafter “inquiries about personal information”), contact the respective departments of PWPS to which such personal information was provided. (To make inquiries about personal information, it is necessary to submit a request including a valid form of identification.)
Manufacture, installation, sale and repair of turbines, boilers, internal combustion engines, hydraulic turbines, nuclear equipment and other power systems;
Service and sales of power generation components for Gas Turbine, Renewable products.
All business incidental or relating to those items mentioned in the foregoing sub-paragraphs
How Personal Information is Handled
Security in obtaining personal information
In obtaining the personal information of an PWPS customer from the Website, PWPS uses the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and other encrypting means to protect the personal information inputted through a communications link. The SSL is a general technology used for security of communications on Webnet, which can encrypt the input data before it is transmitted to Internet and prevent the input data from being intercepted or tapped. If you use any browser that is not compatible with the SSL, you could not access to this page from the intranet of your company due to the settings of Firewall or any other software.
Collection of Browsing History
The Website may use the technology such as access logs or Cookies to acquire your browsing history for your convenient use of the Website. The collected historical information is used only for the purposes of greater convenience, monitoring the use conditions of the Website and statistic use such as sum-up and analysis for service planning and better service.
Access logs include records of user IP addresses and part of the operating environment, but they cannot identify users.
PWPS cannot have any responsibility for maintaining the security of your personal information on any other Website linked with the PWPS Website. If you have any query or inquiry regarding the handling of personal information, please contact the administrator of each relevant Website