PW Power Systems LLC (PWPS) is a group company of Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd. PWPS has leveraged the advanced technology of Pratt & Whitney® proven aircraft engines and uniquely applied it to a complex power-system solutions to become a leader in the global energy market.
PWPS has more than 2,000 aero-derivative gas turbines installed in over 40 countries and prides itself on being superior in the gas turbine repair and overhaul sector. The PWPS gas turbine engine portfolio offers competitive, efficient, and flexible products that generate 30 to 140 MW of power. We value positioning partnerships with our customers and work collaboratively to create solutions that optimize energy productivity, reliability, and operational efficiency. Connect with us at www.pwps.com.
PW Power Systems LLC (PWPS) is seeking a strong candidate to fill a new position of Aero-derivative Product Manager, reporting to Vice President, Programs and Operations. Candidate will lead the organization to drive aero-derivative GT product development initiatives through the Program office to enhance PWPS’ product competitiveness. This working leadership position will align product development initiatives with engineering capabilities, using Market data, to achieve Program strategic objectives.
- Maintain Product Roadmap with initiatives to shape aero-derivative product strategies
- Ensure Product initiatives align with multiple stakeholders and Program strategies
- Monitor product field feedback (i.e., performance, opportunities, technical issues, etc.) to illuminate design improvement opportunities.
- Leverage competitive market data and consider product endurance and performance improvements which could enhance product competitiveness
- Work with Sales & Marketing to understand market trends and customer requirements
- Work with Engineering to understand technical constraints and opportunities
- Bring market requirements together with technical improvement opportunities, and quantifiable investments to determine business case with the Program office
- Special Skills*
- Direct experience with developing, selling or executing power generation projects
- Technical knowledge of performance, service, and components in the market
- Knowledge and experience in power generation markets (Industrial, Utility IPP) and/or oil & gas.
- Customer focused and able to see Customer and Company perspective
- Problem Solving skills
- Communication Skills; clear and concise delivery of information (or data) at all levels
- Familiar with the PWPS product line and competitor product lines
- Flexibility to adjust with changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- Experience in the gas turbine industry is required
- B.S. Engineering (Mech/.Elec); Power Plant Engineering; Marine Engineering; or equivalent industry experience is required.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, persistent, and goal driven that can work individually or within a group. Candidate must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Strong organization skills with ability to lead initiatives with results across departments
- Organized and Travel depends on business needs, but candidate could expect travel 5-10% of time
- Foreign language skills are not required, but are strongly valued by PWPS