PW Power Systems LLC (PWPS) is a group company of Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd. PWPS has leveraged the advanced technology of Pratt & Whitney® proven aircraft engines and uniquely applied it to a complex power-system solutions to become a leader in the global energy market.
PWPS has more than 2,000 aero-derivative gas turbines installed in over 40 countries and prides itself on being superior in the gas turbine repair and overhaul sector. The PWPS gas turbine engine portfolio offers competitive, efficient, and flexible products that generate 30 to 140 MW of power. We value positioning partnerships with our customers and work collaboratively to create solutions that optimize energy productivity, reliability, and operational efficiency. Connect with us at www.pwps.com.
In this position, the candidate will be responsible for Leading Sales Planning, and Driving Aero Derivative Gas Turbine (AGT) Orders and Sales.
- Leverage a solid understanding of North Americas Energy, Capacity and Ancillary services markets to grow PWPS’ AGT sales
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, customer strategy / profile / requirements, including customer asset management plans and competitor actions
- Provide deal team leadership through the formulation and execution of proposal strategies to serve the customer’s needs while meeting PWPS’ business goals
- Own and manage the Inception-to-Order strategy / process for selling AGT via pro-active customer and stake-holder engagement. Lead and develop specific strategy for each opportunity. Work very closely with Commercial Operations (Proposal and Marketing), Engineering & Aftermarket teams, and Legal & Finance functions.
- Identify market and business drivers and understand each customer’s / stake-holder’s evaluation criteria; including customer/stake-holder visits, technical presentations, developing scopes of supply, delivering customer proposals and negotiating / closing orders
- Develop and execute specific territory and opportunity plans and present the sales pipeline and forecast to executive management
- Strong diplomatic and negotiation skills and experience negotiating major commercial sales and service agreements with customers. Proven ability to perform in high visibility, high growth environments
- Attend industry trade shows, prepare customer presentations, and proficiently demonstrate solutions to clients
- Ensure proper handoff and communication of secured orders to Projects Team
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably Engineering or Business
- Minimum of 7 years’ proven success in sales and sales management in the Power Generation Industry and/or Commercial Gas Turbine Industry; deep experience and contacts in the North American Power Generation markets; experience crafting, presenting and implementing successful sales plans.
- Career includes experience developing new accounts, strategic alliances and sales channel partners.
- Good contacts at and working knowledge of Utilities, IPPs, Industrial and public sector clients as well as key Engineering and EPC companies
- Knowledge of Gas based power generation products and services preferred
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated value selling and negotiation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Business acumen / forward thinking
- Technical background and familiarity with Gas Turbines preferred
- International experience is helpful. Multi-lingual also preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM/SFDC
- International and domestic travel will be required