Glastonbury, CT 06033
PW Power Systems LLC (PWPS), a group company of Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, has leveraged the advanced technology of Pratt & Whitney® aircraft engines and uniquely applied it to complex, power-system solutions to become a leader in the power generation industry. PWPS offers products and services for aero-derivative gas turbines and has installed more than 2,000 gas turbines worldwide.
The PWPS portfolio offers competitive, efficient, and flexible products from 30 to 140 megawatts of power. PWPS is committed to providing high-quality solutions for the distributed energy market that increase energy productivity, energy reliability, and operational savings for its customers. Connect with us at www.pwps.com.
The Senior Analyst will perform procurement functions including initiating competitive quotations, issuing purchase orders, and managing delivery of orders in accordance with project builds.
- Establish, evaluate, and select suppliers to develop a qualified supplier base
- Responsible for reviewing requests for procurement and issuing the related RFQs and subsequent POs
- Independently perform complete analysis of customer requirements and supplier input to obtain the best possible procurement package relative to cost, schedule, and quantity
- Independently negotiate with suppliers and act as intermediary between internal customers and suppliers
- Negotiate Commercial Terms and Conditions
- Drive process improvements with internal customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders
- Reduce quality-related turn backs and compel improved performance from suppliers
- Monitor and maintain all open purchase orders; communicate status to internal customers
- Manage suppliers to verify compliance to purchase order requirements
- Establish/sustain supplier relationships
- Problem solving of procurement issues as they arise
- Support cost reduction tasks
- Perform other such duties as may be required
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills
- Experience and knowledge of Procurement processes and SAP
Bachelors degree with 4 – 6 years experience
20-40% domestic/international travel will be required to visit suppliers