PW Power Systems LLC (PWPS), a group company of Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, has leveraged the advanced technology of Pratt & Whitney® aircraft engines and uniquely applied it to complex, power-system solutions to become a leader in the power generation industry. PWPS offers products and services for aero-derivative gas turbines and has installed more than 2,000 gas turbines worldwide. The PWPS portfolio offers competitive, efficient, and flexible products from 30 to 140 megawatts of power. PWPS is committed to providing high-quality solutions for the distributed energy market that increase energy productivity, energy reliability, and operational savings for its customers. Connect with us at www.pwps.com.
In this position, the Quality Engineer (QE) will be responsible for providing QE support for industrial jet engine power turbine programs. The selected QE will team with Engineering, Procurement, and other cross-functional organizations to drive the business and its suppliers to achieve quality, cost, and delivery goals.
- Perform first article inspections
- Perform supplier source inspections
- Perform supplier system audits and process compliance assessments
- Implement effective corrective and preventative actions
- Manage supplier and customer escapes
- Develop, manage, present, and distribute quality metrics: NCM, supplier performance, escapes, etc.
- Monthly Program Reviews
- Quality Management Meeting
- Oversee supplier quality assurance
- Review/modify quality requirements for supplier purchase orders, as required
- Manage supplier nonconformance/deviations
- Exhibit proficiency with Excel and database management
- Highly adaptable, effective team player with the ability to develop, lead, and sustain change activities
- Self-motivated with strong leadership, project management, and problem solving skills, with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments
- This individual will be required to provide leadership and Quality technical support within the programs’ value streams.
- Proficient with drawing interpretation, GD&T and ability to interpret CMM data outputs.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Technologies
- 4-6 years of experience in either Quality Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- Airfoil casting experience or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and/or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) designations are advantageous; Solumina and SAP experience desired
- Up to 20% travel domestic/international may be required