Glastonbury, CT 06033
Regional Manager – Aftermarket Service
PW Power Systems – Glastonbury, CT
PW Power Systems, Inc. (PWPS), a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. is committed to providing high-quality solutions for the distributed energy market that increase energy productivity, energy reliability, and operational savings for its customers.
PW Power Systems is a world leader in developing and manufacturing energy solutions for power generation offering products for aero-derivative and industrial gas turbines. PWPS has more than 2,000 industrial gas turbines installed in over 50 countries worldwide and prides itself on being superior in the gas turbine repair and overhaul sector. PWPS offers competitive, efficient, and flexible products at 25 MW to 120 MW of power.
Reporting to the Director, Aftermarket Services, this candidate will be responsible for the Aftermarket Services delivered in the North American region (Canada, US, Mexico, and select Caribbean islands). This highly visible role will be responsible for delivering the expected revenue and margin from services delivered in the region.
To reach the expected deliveries, it is critically important to maintain, develop, and elevate customer relationships in order to fully understand each account’s current behavior and future plans (this includes knowing the key persons from each account at the operational and higher levels, as well as overseeing the value generated from each account in the region). The Regional Manager will have oversight to developing, implementing, and providing continuous improvements to the PWPS customer experience in the region through the account team. The Regional Manager will be expected to be a working leader (as needed) to manage select accounts. In summary, the Regional Manager will be responsible for all the region accomplishes or fails to accomplish.
• Lead, plan, deliver, and grow the aftermarket service plan in the region.
• Strike the balance to maintain and increase revenue within regional accounts to both understand the services needed and the service growth possible.
• Support the account team to promote / purchase more services. Actively participate in the sales forecasting process as it relates to engine overhaul forecasting, principally, as well as other upgrades / retrofits, field service, and spare parts work available in the customer base.
• Be commercially and technically savvy, able to function as a strong resource to the regional team, methodically distilling a given situation and maturely assessing a fair solution.
• Establish a superior working relationship with assigned customer base to ensure continuous quality improvement and increased customer satisfaction.
• Work closely with critical Aftermarket functional group managers within PWPS to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded [i.e., work with the Managers of Spare Parts, OH Shop, Aftermarket
Projects (retrofits and upgrades), Field Service, and Engineering)
• Oversee (and provide, as appropriate) a timely, weekly report on the status of all accounts in the region.
• Maintain and exceed LTSA revenue / margin expectations on assigned contracts.
• Oversee the efficient operation of the in-country entity, facilitating reporting, operations, and in-country personnel resource needs through PWPS HQ (international leaders only).
• Offer succinct, data-based communications / presentations to compel, illustrate, and/or drive decision- making processes.
• Oversee, know, and be a leader to the account team as they: o Manage all the commercial and technical concerns of the assigned customer accounts, which begins upon commercial operation of the power plant equipment through the entire life cycle of the power plant
(i.e., service attention, field service, spare parts, component repairs, shop repairs, and upgrades and retrofits). o Support the account management team in their roles as the single point between the customer and
PWPS. o Supervise the delivery of expedient technical support as required to assigned customer accounts. o Manage warranty requests (in accordance with the PWPS Approval Matrix) submitted by customers. o Administer all PWPS contractual warranty commitments during the warranty period and be responsible in meeting the assigned warranty budget for assigned accounts. o Meet warranty parts shipments and properly coordinate the return of material from the customer sites and vendor repair returned material from the field. o Coordinate the sale of Spare Parts and Service Bulletins to each assigned account to help meet fleet availability requirements. o Understand Aftermarket upgrade possibilities and facilitate the presentation of upgrade proposals externally and internally. Lead and drive the entire sales cycle from proposal through execution and through warranty administration.
• Mature knowledge of the power industry and/or significant gas turbine experience
• High contractual/business acumen
• Highly effective communications, presentation, and influencing skills
• Able to interface intelligently with senior leadership of assigned accounts at the director level and higher as well as the ability to utilize this similar skill internally
• Domestic and International business mindset
• Strong ability to manipulate MS suite tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Engineering or business degree plus MBA or MS in Engineering field; 20-30 years of specific power generation industry experience will also be considered
• 15-25 years of related power industry experience
• Existing industry relationships within the gas turbine industry
• PWPS product experience highly preferred but not required; other aero-derivative or heavy frame gas turbine technology acceptable
• Previous customer service experience required
• International experience a must
• Spanish language proficiency a plus
• 30-50% travel will be required to attend to customers as required.