PW Power Systems LLC (PWPS) is a group company of Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd. PWPS has leveraged the advanced technology of Pratt & Whitney® proven aircraft engines and uniquely applied it to a complex power-system solutions to become a leader in the global energy market.
PWPS has more than 2,000 aero-derivative gas turbines installed in over 40 countries and prides itself on being superior in the gas turbine repair and overhaul sector. The PWPS gas turbine engine portfolio offers competitive, efficient, and flexible products that generate 30 to 140 MW of power. We value positioning partnerships with our customers and work collaboratively to create solutions that optimize energy productivity, reliability, and operational efficiency. Connect with us at www.pwps.com.
PW Power Systems LLC (PWPS) is seeking a strong candidate to fill an open position as Project Manager, reporting to Vice President, Programs and Operations.
The Project Manager will be the single point of contact with the customer during the project execution phase and is responsible for all post-sale commercial and technical aspects of the planning, delivery, installation, and commissioning of the gas turbine power plants. The Project Manager will assist during sales campaigns and provide experience-based commercial and technical guidance regarding scope, delivery, and commercial contract terms. While not expected to be an expert in all disciplines, the candidate must have sufficient project experience, equipment knowledge, and schedule awareness through the planning, delivery, construction, and commissioning stages to avoid delays and mitigate risks.
• Support new equipment bid and proposal phase, ensuring the scope of supply is aligned with contract specifications. Identify potential technical and execution risks and recommend mitigation actions.
Review budgets to ensure they adequately cover design and scope of supply requirements.
• Following contract award, communicate project scope, design, and deliverable requirements in a clear and complete manner to all internal groups. Coordinate closely with customer and internal departments regarding any contract change orders. Manage scope and design integration activities to reduce technical and execution risk and improve overall project margin.
• Prepare periodic project status reports summarizing technical activities, schedule performance, risks, and current spend-versus-budget.
• Ensure on-time and high quality delivery of all hardware, information, and services in full compliance with project technical requirements.
• Provide technical leadership to customer site teams to ensure full compliance with company technical requirements during construction and commissioning of all equipment in our scope of supply. Provide timely resolution of all site technical issues.
• At completion of project, ensure clear definition and swift closeout of project punch list. Provide accurate and complete as-built documentation to external customers and internal departments. Ensure all site Quality Control documentation and test reports are internally archived and communicated to
Aftermarket during project turnover.
• Facilitate customer survey to gather feedback on what PWPS may do better to improve customer experience during project execution.
• Support Aftermarket projects by leading smaller-scope upgrade projects in parallel with new unit projects. Candidate may be required to manage several projects simultaneously.
• Prioritize safety and environmental considerations in dealings with customers, contractors, and suppliers.
Special Skills *
• A balance among gas turbine power plant technical knowledge, business management, and customer relationship skills is required.
• Ability to focus on priorities and manage multiple projects within demanding time constraints; capacity to work across multiple time zones and sometimes outside of normal working hours is also essential
• Knowledge and experience in power generation markets (Industrial, Utility IPP) and/or Oil & Gas
• Customer focused and able to appreciate Customer and Company perspectives
• Problem solving skills
• Experience in power plant construction or similar required
• B.S. Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical) and Power Plant Engineering, Marine Engineering, or equivalent industry experience required
• Candidate is highly motivated, self-directed, persistent, and goal-driven and can work individually and as part of a team. Candidate must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to lead initiatives with results across departments
• Up to 10-25% travel domestic/international may be required
• Foreign language skills not required, but strongly valued by PWPS