Glastonbury, CT 06033
Salary: $0.00 to $36.00 /hour
PW Power Systems LLC (PWPS) is a group company of Mitsubishi Power. PWPS has leveraged the advanced technology of Pratt & Whitney®proven aircraft engines and uniquely applied it to complex power system solutions to become a leader in power generation.
PW Power Systems has more than 2,000 industrial gas turbines installed in over 50 countries worldwide and prides itself on being superior in the gas turbine repair and overhaul sector. The
PWPS aero-derivative gas turbine engine portfolio offers competitive, efficient, and flexible products that generate 30 to 140 MW of power. PW Power Systems is committed to providing high-quality solutions for the distributed energy market that increase energy productivity and reliability and deliver operational savings for its customers.
The Project Engineer position is an opportunity for an engineer to utilize his/her technical expertise and project management skills to plan and commission new products and services, working on both new gas turbine power plant installations and aftermarket upgrade projects. The Project Engineer will work with the Project Manager to execute large gas turbine power plant installation projects, but the Project Engineer will be the main point of contact with customers for the planning, execution, commissioning, and closeout of aftermarket upgrade projects.
The Project Engineer will assist during sales campaigns and provide experience-based commercial and technical guidance regarding scope, delivery, and commercial contract terms. While not expected to be an expert in all disciplines, the candidate must have sufficient project experience, equipment knowledge, and schedule awareness through the planning, delivery, construction, and commissioning stages to avoid delays and mitigate risks.
• Support new equipment bid and proposal phase, ensuring the scope of supply is aligned with contract specifications. Identify potential technical and execution risks and recommend mitigation actions.
Review budgets to ensure they adequately cover design and scope of supply requirements.
• Following contract award, communicate project scope, design, and deliverable requirements in a clear and complete manner to all internal groups. Coordinate closely with customer and internal departments regarding any contract change orders. Manage scope and design integration activities to reduce technical and execution risk and improve overall project margin.
• Prepare periodic project status reports summarizing technical activities, schedule performance, risks, and current spend-versus-budget.
• Ensure on-time and high quality delivery of all hardware, information, and services in full compliance with project technical requirements.
• Provide technical leadership to site teams to ensure compliance with technical requirements during construction and commissioning. Provide timely resolution of all site technical issues.
• At completion of project, ensure swift closeout of the project punch list. Provide accurate as-built documentation. Ensure all site QC documentation and test reports are archived during project turnover.
• Facilitate the customer survey to gather project installation feedback for continuous improvement.
• Support Aftermarket projects by leading smaller-scope upgrade projects in parallel with new unit projects. Candidate may be required to manage several projects simultaneously.
• Prioritize EH&S considerations in dealings with customers, contractors, and suppliers.
• A balance among gas turbine power plant technical knowledge, business management, and customer relationship skills is required.
• Ability to focus on priorities and manage multiple projects within demanding time constraints; capacity to work across multiple time zones and sometimes outside of normal working hours is also essential
• Knowledge and experience in power generation markets (Industrial, Utility, IPP) and/or Oil & Gas
• Customer focused and able to appreciate Customer and Company perspectives
• Adept at problem solving
• Experience in power plant construction or similar required