Glastonbury, CT 06033
PW Power Systems LLC (PWPS) is a group company of Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd. PWPS has leveraged the advanced technology of Pratt & Whitney® proven aircraft engines and uniquely applied it to complex, power-system solutions to become a leader in the global energy market.
PWPS has more than 2,000 aero-derivative gas turbines installed in over 40 countries and prides itself on being superior in the gas turbine repair and overhaul sector. The PWPS gas turbine engine portfolio offers competitive, efficient, and flexible products that generate 30 to 140 MW of power. We value positioning partnerships with our customers and work collaboratively to create solutions that optimize energy productivity, reliability, and operational efficiency. Connect with us at www.pwps.com.
The Sr. Repair Engineer will report to the Repair Manager in Procurement, and will have responsibilities for component repair development for the FT8 and FT4000 product lines. This position is responsible for understanding repair shop capabilities across a wide range of repair suppliers to determine the feasibility for development of new component repairs, and which suppliers may be best suited for which parts. In addition, this position will support the Repair Manager by providing technical support for existing repair processes, as required, and to the extent technically capable. Additional technical support will be made available to the Repair Engineer through PWPS Engineering department, and or PWPS subcontracted engineering contractors, as required. PWPS Engineering will have the ultimate authority for all technical repairs.
This person will investigate existing hardware to develop repair procedures and specifications that will be approved by Customer Service Engineering, Procurement, and Quality.
The individual will ensure repair process are consistent with functional performance and the requirements for the installation of components.
As new repairs are developed, this person will ensure all process, inspection, hardware, fixtures, and equipment are capable of supporting the overhaul/repair of the part or assembly.
Repair processes will be examined, created, modified, and implemented for continued improvements and compliance.
- Provide technical support for Procurement, Depot Repair Manager, Repair Sources, and Quality.
- Evaluate parts and assemblies to determine repair feasibility
- Prepares Statement of Work and Preliminary Repair Process for quoting new repairs.
- Compiles and analyzes data on repairs; identifies root causes and rectify; develops measures of performance on all repair processes.
- Research new technologies for repair processes
- Disposition nonconforming repairs.
- Approve Repair Supplier Repair Process.
- Create and modify technical documents.
- Willing and able to travel to repair supplier shops, domestic and international
Experience and Skills
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with industrial specifications, processes, aerospace materials and coatings
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Self-starter that can work with minimum supervision.
- Experienced with aircraft or Industrial Gas Turbine environment
- B.S. in Engineering
- Minimum of seven years of related experience
- Up to 30% domestic/international travel will be required