Glastonbury, CT 06033
PW Power Systems LLC (PWPS) is a group company of Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd. PWPS has leveraged the advanced technology of Pratt & Whitney® proven aircraft engines and uniquely applied it to complex, power-system solutions to become a leader in the global energy market.
PWPS has more than 2,000 aero-derivative gas turbines installed in over 40 countries and prides itself on being superior in the gas turbine repair and overhaul sector. The PWPS gas turbine engine portfolio offers competitive, efficient, and flexible products that generate 30 to 140 MW of power. We value positioning partnerships with our customers and work collaboratively to create solutions that optimize energy productivity, reliability, and operational efficiency. Connect with us at www.pwps.com.
The Development Engineer supports the management of software, tool development, Advanced Pattern Recognition development, and other remote monitoring related support. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting in evaluating and consulting on the acquisition of new software that align with the overall business needs and objectives of PWPS. The Development Engineer is responsible for supporting user training of software applications and tools throughout the organization. Individual will contribute to the vision of world-class customer support by applying analytics to improve operability, availability, loss prevention, and customer economics.
Remote monitoring development engineering provides direct engineering support to PWPS’s internal customers, providing all functional support necessary to develop, support, and maintain a remote monitoring and diagnostics center to enhance the electrical power generation at global customer sites, including public and privately owned utilities as well as independent power producers.
- Assist with the planning/development, support, and operation of OSISoft PI system software and other OSISoft components and products
- Assist with the planning/development, support, and operation of RMC compatible software and other and products
- Assist with managing and maintaining the operation of separate test environment for research and development efforts
- Create RMC tools with existing software to amplify automated alerting and proactive practices
- Facilitate software applications training for end-users and system administrators
- Ensure repeatability of developed solutions by creating, maintaining and using standard work
- Working knowledge of Diadem and other National Instruments software
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work proactively and effectively across multiple disciplines environment
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to troubleshoot to define and identify problems. Collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to take prompt corrective actions
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office, technical network diagrams, process flowcharts, and work with advanced pattern recognition software. Labview, Visual basic, C, Minitab
- Minimum B.S. or advanced degree in Engineering or IT Systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three years of related experience, with associated gas turbine electrical and/or mechanical experience strongly suggested
Up to 10% travel may be required